COOPER COUNTY FESTIVAL, Columbia:
Food and drink options, to sample and purchase, will include:
- The Missouri River Bluffs Association will be selling Patchwork Family Farms brats (regular, andouille, and Italian style), and will also have locally produced Rockbridge Brewing beer on tap for sale.
- The MO Deep Roots booth will feature cooking demonstrations by MO Deep Roots market chef Laura Carter (“the world’s simplest soup” featuring Country Neighbors chicken and fresh greens, as well as fried cinnamon apples), and Dan Kuebler of Salad Garden (sauerkraut). Lots of free samples will be available!
- Country Neighbors Specialty Meats from Fayette will be there with with lots of frozen free-range meat to take home: Free-range, hormone and antibiotic-free chicken; whole hog sausage from outdoor-raised hogs fed on home-grown corn; grass-fed premium whole-beef hamburger (patties and bulk).
- Honey ice cream can be purchased from Walk-About Acres, as well as their locally raised Missouri Mulefoot heritage pork cuts, including ham, pork chops, sausage, steaks, and more.
- Luscious cookies and other sweet baked treats can be sampled and purchased at the Mints ’n More booth.
- Fresh Beetz Ice Pops will bring a selection of their exotically flavored, icy artisan pops.
- Bluebird Composting will have plenty of fresh, seasonal produce for sale
- and more!
Other booths and activities include:
- The MO Deep Reads Book Nook will be located next to the MO Deep Roots food demo booth. Kids will be able to leaf through a wide variety of books featuring fruits, vegetables, insects, animals, gardening, farming, and the ecosystem while their parents watch the cooking demonstrations.
- The Cooper County Healthy Lifestyle Initiative—a partnership that includes University Extension, the Cooper County Health Department, the Cooper County YMCA Achieve Project, Cooper County Sustainable Agriculture, and others—will have the popular child-powered smoothie bike up and running and making tasty fruit drinks that they’ll give out for free.
- The Girl Scouts will be on hand with info and children’s activities.
- Aqua Zero will have information about their water system and water samples.
- Community radio station KOPN (89.5 FM) will be on hand with information.
Schedule of musicians and cooking demonstrations:
- 3:00 to 3:40: The Jesse Rohrbach Family (kid-friendly family and gospel songs)
- 3:40 to 4:20: Cooking demonstration featuring Laura Carter (the Market Chef) making “The World’s Simplest Soup” with local chicken, seasonal greens, and rice. Free samples!
- 4:20 to 4:50: The Jesse Rohrbach Family (kid-friendly family and gospel songs)
- 4:50 to 5:30: Cooking demonstration featuring Ashland farmer and fermenter Dan Kuebler making sauerkraut. Free samples!
- 5:30 to 6:00: Tom Lata, Judy Smith, and Gary Williams (folk and bluegrass trio)
- 6:00 to 6:30: Cooking demonstration featuring Laura Carter (the Market Chef) making fried cinnamon apples. Free samples!
- 6:30 to 7:00: Tom Lata, Judy Smith, and Gary Williams (folk and bluegrass trio)
There is no admission fee.