Calling Vendors, Restaurants, and Organizations for
The Taste of Local Missouri
The Taste of Local Missouri Food Festivals are designed to help residents in the six Mid-Missouri counties of Boone, Callaway, Cole, Cooper, Moniteau and Osage increase their awareness and access to sources of healthy, locally grown fruits, vegetables, honey, herbs and flowers. At these festivals, people are invited to experience the taste of the best of the local food production market. We will showcase Local Food (fresh food and value added products),prepared specialty foods for sale, cooking demonstrations, Local Wine, Local Beer, Local Music, and Local Fun!
We are writing you today to invite you to be a vendor at any one or all six of The Taste of Local Missouri Food Festivals. We welcome your business, restaurant, or organization as a participant in these events. The first Taste of Local Missouri Festival will be held in Fulton, MO at the Amphitheater in Veterans Park on Saturday, May 11th, 2013 from 3:00- 7:00 pm. The five additional festival dates and locations are listed below and we encourage you to participate in as many festivals as you like.
Food FestivalParticipants will be divided into 3 different sections: FoodProducers, Restaurants and Organizations.
- We are recruiting Food Producerswho are willing toset up a booth, interact with potential customers,give out small samples and directly sell fruits and vegetables, meats, cheeses, honey, flowers, herbs, value-added and artisan products to interested Festival goers. Producers in this section may also have products to sell as well as printed material for customers about locations where your products can be purchased.
- The second group of participants is Restaurants that use and serve locally produced food. For each Festival, our Festival Planning Committee will select one or two local Restaurants whowill be invited to prepareand sell small sample plates ($3-$4 portions of entrées, sides, salads and desserts) that highlight Missouri-grown specialty crops.If you are interested, please contact us.
- Finally, Organizations and Associationswith an interest in local food production, education and distribution will have the opportunity to sponsor a booth and hand out information about their activities and local Missouri-made products.They are also allowed to sell value added products represented by their association as well as handing out educational materials.
Festival Dates and Locations:
Callaway County Veterans Park, Fulton, MO Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:00PM – 7:00PM
Osage County City Park, Linn, MO Saturday, June 8, 2013 3:00PM – 7:00PM
Moniteau County Downtown California, MO Saturday, June 22, 2013 3:00PM – 7:00PM
Cole County Jefferson City, MO Saturday, August 24, 2013 4:00PM – 9:00PM
Boone County Columbia, MO Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013 4:00PM – 9:00PM
Cooper County Boonville, MO Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:00PM – 7:00PM
Taste of Local Missouri Food Festivals: Vendors, Restaurants, and Organizations…… cont’d. Page 2
Booth Rental Information:
1. Booth spaces approximately 10’ by 10’ will be available. We will supply a set-up diagram one week before the festival.
2. You will need to provide your own set-up materials. (Table, tent, chairs and electric cord if electricity is needed).
3. Booth prices are as follows:
Producers – $25 for each 10’X10’ space.
Restaurants (invited to sell) – $50 (If you own a restaurant and want to sell food contact us soon.)
Organizations / Associations – $25 for each 10’X10’ space.
4. Electric hookups are available for an additional $10 (if power is available).
5. All participants sampling or selling food must comply with each county’s specific health department regulations. Basic Health Department information is below. Contact each county for specific details.
Who we are:The Missouri River Bluffs Association (MRBA) is a Missouri non-profit organizationwhose members include small retailers, artisans, food producers, and community members who are working together to promote local food, regional cuisine and heritage tourism in the five counties along the Missouri River in Mid-Missouri. The six Taste ofLocal Missouri Food Festivals aresupported by a grant from the Missouri Department of Agriculture Specialty Crops Grant program to the Missouri River Bluffs Association. MRBA has hired the Missouri River Communities Network to coordinate and organize the six Taste of Local Missouri Food Festivals. These Food Festivals are being co-sponsored by the Missouri Farmer’s Market Association, the Missouri State Beekeepers Association, 4-H groups and the Missouri Local Food Production and Education AmeriCorps VISTA Project.
Health Department Permits/ Temporary Food Permits
Callaway County/Fulton, MO: If you are just selling produce then no permit is required. All food vendors who are giving samples of prepared food must have a Temporary Food Permit. They need to contact the Callaway County Health Department- Environmental Services at 573-642-5750 or go into the office at 4950 County Rd 304, Fulton, MO 65251 to obtain a permit. There is no fee required. Permits need to be acquired ten days before the event. For Taste of Local Missouri, on May 11th, the permit application needs to be handed in by May 1st.
Osage County/Linn, MO: No permit is required but all food handlers should follow state food safety guidelines.
Moniteau County/California, MO: No permit is required but all food handlers should follow state food safety guidelines.
Cole County/Jefferson City, MO: City of Jefferson Health Department: for events held on city property. All vendors who hand out food samples must have a City Temporary Food Permit and meet all guidelines for food safety. www.jeffcitymo.org (go to city services and scroll down to temporary food permits.)The cost is $25. Local restaurants serving food (and who already have food permits) do not need a special permit but the Health Department does need to be informed of their participation.
Taste of Local Missouri; MRBA, P.O. Box 7744, Columbia, MO 65202; 573-256-2602; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Taste of Local Missouri
Organization name if applicable):_______________________________________
Phone number: ______________________
Website (if applicable): ______________________________________
Please check the Taste of Local Missouri Festivals that you would like to participate in:
Callaway County Veterans Park, Fulton, MO Saturday, May 11, 2013
Osage County City Park, Linn, MO Saturday, June 8, 2013
Moniteau County Downtown California, MO Saturday, June 22, 2013
Cole County Jefferson City, MO Saturday, August 24, 2013
Boone County Columbia, MO Saturday, September 7, 2013
Cooper County Boonville, MO Saturday, October 5, 2013
Are you a:
Producer $25 per event per 10’X10’ space
Organization / Association- $25per event per 10’X10’ space
Restaurant selling small plates – $50 per event (Contact us immediately)
Total number of festivals you plan to attend: _______
Number of Festivals ______ X # of spaces at each festival _______ = ________ Total Amount Due
Total amount enclosed: ___________
Please make check out to: Missouri River Bluffs Association (MRBA)
And mail the check to: Missouri River Bluffs Association; P.O. Box 7744; Columbia, MO 65202
Please contact us with any questions or concerns: