The Taste of Local Missouri Food Festivals are designed to help residents in the six counties of Boone, Callaway, Cole, Cooper, Moniteau and Osage increase their awareness and access to sources of healthy locally grown fruit, vegetables, honey, herbs and flowers.
The Taste of Local Missouri Festivals are free events that will feature food producers, farmer’s market vendors, and representatives of restaurants and food stores that serve or sell locally grown food. We are inviting these producers and institutions to sponsor a booth, give out free food samples and sell their products. Regional chefs will be preparing small plates of various entrees, salads, greens and desserts to sell to interested attendees. There will be locally produced beer and wine for sale as a fundraiser for the Missouri River Bluffs Association. Each Festival Event will also include live music, children’s activities, and cooking demonstrations that utilize locally grown food items.
The Missouri River Bluffs Association is the sponsoring organization of these festivals, supported by a grant from the Missouri Department of Agriculture. Missouri River Communities Network is working to organize all the festivals with the assistance and participation of the Missouri Farmer’s Market Association, Missouri State Beekeepers Association, 4-H groups and the Missouri Local Food Production and Education VISTA Project. Please contact Missouri River Communities Network at 573-256-2602 or tasteoflocalmissouri@ gmail.com for more information.
The Missouri Bluffs Association is a non-profit organization that works to promote, protect, enhance and market the agricultural products, foods, wines, arts, crafts, sites, and services within the five county region of Boone, Callaway, Cole, Moniteau and Osage Counties. They strive to enhance the economic cultural, historical and education value of the Missouri Bluffs region.
Summer of 2013 event calendar:
- Callaway County, Fulton: In Fulton’s Veterans Park on Saturday, May 11th,from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Moniteau County, California: On High Street between Main and 3rd Streets on Saturday, June 22, 3 pm to 7 pm
- Osage County, Linn: At City Park on Saturday, July 27, 3 pm to 7 pm
- Cole County, Jefferson City: At Old Munichburg on Dunklin Street between Madison and Jefferson Streets on Saturday, August 24, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Boone County, Columbia: At Flat Branch Park (downtown) on Saturday, September 7, 4 pm to 8 pm
- Cooper County, Boonville: In Kemper Park on Saturday, October 12, 3 pm to 7 pm
For more information or questions, please call the Missouri River Communities Network at (573) 256-2602 or email us at: